Flea Market Finds - 11/8/2020

Vintage Misc Watch Discussion Forum

Moderator: Nookster

JerseyMo

Re: Flea Market Finds - 11/8/2020

#11 Post by JerseyMo » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:20 am

retroworx wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:17 am
Back in the days when I was more flush (and foolish!) I might have purchased the whole mess just to drag it home with me and dig through at my leisure.

(Have I ever told you guys about the time I purchased an entire barn-full of vintage radios? Took a rental truck to haul them all out of there! :roll:)
I never went that crazy but can relate to the days of just buying up anything just for the sake of buying I was once offered the chance to purchase a storage shed full of NOS Timex parts. The guy who mentioned it to me said I'd need to drive up with a box truck. Had it been a closer trip I may have at least gone to have a look. So I can think if this as the one that got away.

Dec 6th will be dropping by the antique market to again see what the seller of the watchmakers estate has to offer.
“Time moves fast.....and that is why we hang on to things from the past.”

SFC

Re: Flea Market Finds - 11/8/2020

#12 Post by SFC » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:01 pm

Nice Mo, good luck on your return!

The only mistakes I have made were buying massive amounts of watch parts that weren't organized.. you think you are getting a good price and then 3 years later you are still sorting through and trying to figure out a way to re-find when you need to... :roll: